Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Flashes

1. Today at lunch the song Hey Jealousy popped into my head. I knew it was from the nineties, but couldn't, for the life of me, remember the band. Turns out it was The Gin Blossoms. Yup, thanks to Youtube I didn't go crazy at work. Watching that video, I just thought, hmm whatever to this singer, is he a dad in Portland, Oregon now? I'm thinking about creating an all 90s playlist for some fartlek runs since reliving my teenage years was really fun this afternoon.

2. My laptop died last week, which is a huge blow to my budget, but I'm just sucking it up and going to the store next Monday to by a new one. I guess if your computer is also your TV, dvd player and phone it just goes kaput after a while, but it's still rather enraging.

3. Arms, arms, arms: I want them toned for summer! I'm doing push-ups and tricep dips, but I think the real secret may lie in clean eating--any opinions?


4. Tonight I'm resting up for my long run tomorrow morning! Off to read a beautiful Catalan book, Meditacions en el Desert, that my co-worker just gave me for my birthday. I always forget what a beautiful language Catalan is until I start to read something really, really wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your laptop. I also want toned arms for summer, and think that I have to start eating a lot less junk and doing a lot more yoga if I want to get them.

    ReplyDelete